Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Halloween, part 2

So we were finally able to get a copy of Wait Until Dark. All of the girls were on the edge of their seats, so of course, the guys kept trying to scare them. The movie did it better than we could though...Let's just say that all the girls screamed during the last few minutes--I think it was the perfect movie for Halloween.

And Cat was mad that I cut short my description of the flag football game, so I guess I'll write about it here as an "addendum." It will be the edited version, since I can't post all of the trash talking and still keep a clear conscience.

Anyway, yes, the girls won their flag football game in over time (and we won tonight because the other team forfeited, on a side note), but it was still really close. Some of the girls kept getting penalties called on them. Cat kept getting called for illegal blocking because the other girls kept running into her when they rushed the quarterback. She took a couple of hits and knocked some people down, so we were all pretty happy about that.

Our girls were on defense first in overtime, and they made an amazing stop to keep the other team for scoring. So as soon as our girls got the ball, Jackson called a play to draw defenders towards our quarterback so she could have an open receiver in the end zone. The play worked spectacularly--our quarterback started running, and most of the defenders started chasing her. The pass was thrown, the defense tipped it, but Cat managed to grab it and pull it down in the end zone. Everyone went nuts, so being the loyal fan that I am, I'm writing about it on my blog--I was going to post an embarrassing picture of Cat for making me do that, but I don't know if I would be able to take it off...

I don't really know the direction I want to go with this blog. A lot of the other blogs I've seen are so different--some are like daily journal entries and travel logs, while others are more expressive. Some of the blogs I've read are "themed," where each blog is related to a common idea, whether it is teaching, biology, sports, or whatever. I'm thinking that most of my blogs will center around movies and media, but who knows? I'm still getting the hang of it, so I'm sure that in a week or two I'll know for sure what I want to write about. Please add comments so I know what people like reading about--

No comments: